Almond Covered Garlic Lemon Tilapia is an Ideal Protein phase 3 meal.
This Phase 3 meal is one of many Ideal Protein Fish recipes offered by Ideal4UMeals. Tilapia is one of the leanest proteins out there. We’ve added your daily allowance of olive oil to this meal for optimal balance of healthy fats and proteins. Our Garlic Lemon Tilapia meal contains only select vegetables therefore, this meal is low carb and formulated to be full of flavor while still facilitating weight loss! If you love this meal, check out our other Ideal Protein Fish recipes in our “By the Pound” section. When subtracting out free vegetables, the following this meal has:
- 4 oz: 313 calories, 1 serving of protein, 2 servings of fat and 4 net carbs.
- 6 oz: 368 calories, 2 servings of protein, 2 servings of fat and 4 net carbs.
- 8 oz: 422 calories, 2.5 servings of protein, 2 servings of fat and 4 net carbs.
Ingredients: tilapia, squash, cauliflower, zucchini, almonds, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, herbes de provence, seasonings.
A few benefits of Tilapia
- Cancer Fighting – Selenium, found in Tilapia can fight free radical activity which is dangerous for your health. Therefore, it fights oxidative stress in your body. Like antioxidants, selenium can destroy cancerous cells as well. Although you can take selenium in a supplement, it is best to consume this awesome nutrient from a natural source like tilapia to maximize the benefits. However, further studies are underway to identify how selenium can inhibit mutation of cancerous cells.
- Weight Loss- Over-weight individuals can add tilapia into their diet without giving it a second thought. The fish merely has 36% calories and zero fats. It could also become a safe source to obtain proteins which you need to strengthen muscles. Apart from this, other nutrients in Tilapia will keep your body energized. Be careful, however, avoid farm raised catfish. Wild caught tilapia is much leaner than farm raised and should be avoided on the Ideal Protein diet. Ideal4UMeals uses only wild caught tilapia.
- Immune System- Your immune system protects your body from potential diseases so, a strong immunity can do wonders for your health. However, you need plenty of nutrients to assist your immune system. Nutrients in Tilapia function to strengthen your immune system when you consume the fish on a regular basis.
For more information on the Ideal Protein diet check out our blog.
To find an Ideal Protein clinic near you click here.